Detailed below are Frequently Asked Questions to assist you with enquiries relating to your parking infringement.

What does all the information on my parking infringement mean?
Click here for a detailed image and description of a parking infringement.

Who is responsible for paying a parking infringement?
The person responsible for the parking infringement is the registered owner of the vehicle.

If you were not the driver at the time of the offence, you can nominate another driver by providing the name and address of the driver. Click here to download a Nomination Statement.

How can I pay my City of Stonnington parking infringement?
Payments are accepted via Internet, by Phone, In Person at Australia Post outlets or at Stonnington Parking Alliance’s customer service centre

Go to the How to Pay section for further information.

I have paid my parking infringement, how long does it take to process my payment?
Payment processing times may vary depending on the method of payment used.

Generally, if you have made a Credit Card payment it may take up to two working days process. Payments sent through the mail may take up to seven working days for delivery and processing. Payments made in person at the Customer Service Centre will be receipted immediately.

What happens if I do not pay my parking infringement before the due date?
If you do not pay your parking infringement before the due date you will be sent a Penalty Reminder Notice, which will incur additional statutory costs.

If the parking infringement still remains unpaid after the next due date, it will be lodged with the Fines Victoria for processing, incurring further additional statutory costs.

Can I apply for a payment plan?
Please contact the Stonnington Parking Alliance Customer Service Centre on 03 9058 6600 to discuss your requirement and eligibility for a payment plan.

I do not agree with my parking infringement, what are my options?
If you do not agree with a parking infringement and wish to dispute it you must lodge an application for an Internal Review. This can be done online by providing evidential documentation and/or reasons for your decision.

Go to the Application for an internal review of the decision to issue an infringement notice to get further information on disputes and/or to lodge an online application for an Internal Review of a parking infringement.

How can I get or renew a parking permit for the City of Stonnington?
To apply for a parking permit or renew an existing parking permit within the City of Stonnington please contact Council on 03 8290 1333 or visit www.stonnington.vic.gov.au

How can I report an abandoned vehicle within the City of Stonnington?
Please contact the Stonnington Parking Alliance on 03 9058 6600 and provide them with the relevant details. This may include the vehicle type, colour, registration details and the street where it has been abandoned.